Sunday, April 20, 2008

MacKenzie

Today I didn't lose as much weight as I have in the past but that might have something to do with the fact that I had four pieces of pizza and an icecream sundae at 10:30 last night. Even so I still lost half a pound. This morning I weighed in at 206.5 pounds. Yesterday I pointed out how I'm not much into competitive sports. Well I'm also not much into the arts either. I was, however in the marching band as a kid. A really good band too. I've also appreciated the importance of encouraging kids to explore the arts as well. All of my kids are into music big time and they get so frustrated driving in the car with me because I just want to listen to talk radio and news radio. I do like some songs but it is quite random what I like and what I don't like. Kira actually figured out that I like songs that have a soft gentle melody along with a strong rhythm. One example of a song I like is "Dreams" by the Cranberries. Check out the link. All of our kids started piano lessons when they started school and each of them started an instrument in fifth grade. Kira started on a clarinet and switched to oboe later on. Brandon the violin and he still plays very well today, Ben the trumpet but he gave that up in high school for football, Alycia flute but she also didn't make it into highschool. Alex the alto saxophone and then switched to tenor sax. He also gave it up for football and then Sarah started on clarinet. I played saxophone, trombone and then baritone. It's a long story but I only got good on the baritone. So when it comes to the arts I've been exposed to most of it, band concerts (Kira), choir concerts (all of the kids), orchestra's (Brandon and Kira), ceramics (Alycia), drawings (Ben and Sarah). The one thing however that I haven't been much involved in however is dance. Sure, the girls did danced when they were tiny but I've never been to one on the high school level. That is until last night. Last night we went and watched MacKenzie Rizzo dance. MacKenzie is Alex's girlfriend. She is from Valley Center and she is a sweetheart. The dance concert isn't quite what I expected it to be although I'm not sure what I was expecting. The lighting and the dancing were very beautiful but the lighting was low and made it difficult to get good pictures (no flash allowed). Here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy. She's a beautiful girl isn't she?

3 comments:

Kira said...

you never said if you enjoyed it or not! :-)

Fred ... said...

Of course I enjoyed it. Beautiful music, soft lighting and lovely girls. I slept like a baby.

Lynn said...

Yes, she is beautiful!
Your comment made me laugh. I think I know exactly what you meant though. I remember the first time I went to see my girls do their dance numbers at the Junior and Senior High Levels. Hmmmm......it opened my eyes up a bit for sure. Sure different than when I took dance. Lot's of interpretive stuff. I wonder who's interpretation?
Love Love Love reading your blog. It will be great to keep up with what's going on in all your lives. I also checked out Kira's blog. If she wants a peak at mine, tell her to send my her e-mail address. My blog is set to private. I sent you an invite already. Hopefully you've been able to connect.