Wednesday, February 04, 2009

whew

Wow, what a crazy week. I've not been this busy in a very long time. It just so happened that some major potential investors showed up at Hi-Z this week to perform their due diligence so it was a good thing that I have been there. The problem is that they are there from first thing in the morning until late at night so I haven't had time to do any of the stuff I need to get done related to my being laid off. I need to transition my cell phone number, find new life insurance, new health insurance, decide what to do with my 401K plus on top of all that, I haven't made any formal arrangement with Hi-Z if I'm actually working there or not and how much I'm going to get paid. I went in late Monday morning just so that I could take care of some banking and to go over stuff with Lisa but they didn't quit until quite late. Tuesday was even worse because we all went out for dinner Tuesday night but to complicate things, one of other clients desperately needed me to do some work for them so I went over to their place after dinner at about 8:30 and worked there until midnight. I was dragging when I got up this morning. Today I needed to do some followup work for the clients so at lunch when everyone else went out to eat I headed over to their place for an hour and finished that up. I left early (6:00) tonight because it is mutual and I needed to be home. Tomorrow I was planning on whipping up to Las Vegas and see Dixie but about 4:00 this afternoon they said they wanted to go over PbTe costing and I'm the only one who can do that so I called Dixie and postponed to Friday. Thursday would have worked much better but Friday will be OK. Anyway, I feel like I can scarcly catch my breath. I am tired and I need to take a breather. No more complaining, I'm just very grateful that I have work to do. That really does feel good and I'm loving the stuff we're doing at Hi-Z. When I get settled into a routine I'll tell you all about it. So far I don't even have a desk.


---------------------trivia--------------------
Did you know that most nuclear reactors only "burn" 1% of the Uranium in the fuel rods? They have developed a new generation of fast reactors (they use fast neutrons) that burn 99% of the uranium in the fuel. These new reactors can "burn" the waste that has been stockpiled and using only the existing nuclear waste they could supply our power needs for 300 years. Why don't they build them?
----------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Lynn said...

"...and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Or not enough hours in a day to receive it. : D

I am just TIRED reading this post! Hope you get some rest soon.

Brandon J. Leavitt said...

If it makes you feel any better Ive been getting up at 5:00 AM for a bit now. I feel like back when we did papers together. It'll slow down.

Kira said...

I always complain when I get busy, but really that is when I feel the most alive! Say hi to Aunt Dixie for me.