Tuesday, November 28, 2023

San Elijo State Beach

On Saturday, Setpember 9, Dave and Dana Black invited Lisa and I to spend the day with them at San Elijo Beach. We worked with Dave and Dana at the temple and they have an interesting situation. They have a side job where they are camp hosts at the San Elijo Campground.

They park their motorhome at the campground and stay there for four months for free. They work three eight hour shifts a week and the rest of the time they can do what they want. Their campground is huge and private.

We didn’t actually get there until early afternoon and we spent the entire time on the beach.

Dave and I took his paddle boards out in the water but these paddle boards are not like Justins paddle baords. I was standing on Justins boards within fifteen minutes after being on them for the first time but not these boards. They are quite tippy. Part of it is that the water in the ocean is a lot rougher than his lake was but it is mostly the board. I spent the first hour just getting to the point that I could kneel on the board.
Once I felt stable kneeling I tried standing. I quickly realized that it was going to take me a lot longer to stand for any length of time and even then, I wouldn’t be riding a wave while standing. I decided to sit on the board and then I actually caught a few waves. It was truly a blast.

We spent the entire day at the beach until it started to get dark. I even have some fairly significant rashes on my knees from kneeling so long.

As the sun was setting we cleaned up and decided to go to “The Taco Stand” for dinner since it is delicous and very close to San Elijo beach. They also have free refills on their Horchata. The tacos are always delicious but this time their tortillas were soggy. Still tasted wonderful but a bit dissappointing.
---------------trivia---------------
In the United States, there are more vacant homes 
than there are homeless people.
------------------------------------


No comments: