Wednesday, November 08, 2023

The Palmers, Again

The weekend before the big party Lisa headed to Utah to put on a baby shower for Princess Lisa. That same weekend, Kira and her kids came to San Diego a week early for a visit. While she was here she also helped get ready for the party. I love that they live so close now and it isn’t hard to just come over for a visit.

I was in near panic mode so Mom and Kira were able to visit with some of Kira’s friends while I focused on the yard. I did get some help picking rocks out of the dirt. It was funny.


Piper kept asking me if she could help me in the yard but there was little a child could do to help, but finally I asked her if she could move my pile of rocks into a corner. She tried it for a while but gave up after about two minutes. One morning she came out and asked what she could do and I suggested she move rocks. She got a dejected look on her face, looked at the ground and walked back into the house. Cameron on the other hand helped for a good hour or more.



Wednesday evening Alycia showed up with her family. I was just finishing laying sod and Ella walks into the back yard completely amazed at the changes in the yard. She says, “Grandpa, you have the most beautiful yard in the neighborhood”. It really was a rather amazing transition.


---------------trivia---------------
Every two minutes, we take more pictures
than all of humanity in the 19th century.
------------------------------------

No comments: