Saturday, June 08, 2024

Dad, Tell Me About the Time…(28)

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Did you ever skip school? How old were you and what did you do instead?

I will just copy what I wrote on November 8, 2023

One other experience I had in Junior High School is when Lester, Tom and I (and maybe Rick Cahoon) played hooky. We road our bikes out to the St Mary’s bridge on Highway 5 a few miles north of town. We played in the river and had a great day. No one ever questioned where we were and why were weren’t at school. I never played hooky again either because I didn’t want to miss too much school.

What year did you graduate from High School?

June 1976

How many people were in your graduating class?

I don’t remember the exact number but about 120. It was the largest graduating class in the history of Cardston High.

What is the highest level of education you received?

I received a Master of Science in Electrical and Computing Engineering from the University of California, San Diego on June 15, 2001.

Did you attend college or receive any technical training after high school? Where did you go? What did you study?

After high school (1976/1977) I did one year at BYU in Civil engineering.

From August 1977 to August 1979, I served a mission in Belgium. I studied in the Language Training Mission for two months before flying to Belgium. I studied Flemish (Dutch).

I then attended the University of Alberta from September 1979 to June 1981. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgical Engineering.

From September 1996 to June 2001, I went part time to UCSD and received a Master of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

-------------------trivia--------------------
Every three months, America throws away enough aluminum to rebuild the entire airforce fleet of planes.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: