Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Rick & Judy Bair

Monday, June 10, 2024

Saturday, we celebrated Rick & Judy Bair’s 50th wedding anniversary. I could write a page or two about Rick & Judy but we were asked to write something about them so I will just include what Lisa and I wrote. They are good people.

This is what I wrote:

Rick & Judy Bair

While I remember Rick and Judy from years ago when we both were raising our children, it wasn’t until Jeff and Tiffany started inviting us into their home that I really got to know them. Rick and Judy were an integral part of the Andrew family, and they quickly became an important part of our lives as well. While it soon became apparent to me that Rick and Judy have very different personalities, their love for their children was obvious. Rick sits back and quietly watches everyone but says very few words. When he does say something, it is usually profound, and everyone stops to listen to what he has to say. Judy on the other hand is continually busy helping wherever she sees a need and she is talking the entire time. She shows her love for her children and grandchildren by becoming very involved in their lives. I have learned a great deal by watching both of them interact with their family.

I consider it one of my greater blessings that Rick and Judy have become friends of mine and I admire them both for the love they have for their children and the love that they have for their Father in Heaven. Their faith is solid, and their lives are great examples for anyone who is near them. Above all, their love for each other is a shining example that all of us can work towards.

Happy Anniversary Rick and Judy.

Your friend,

Fred Leavitt


This is what Lisa wrote. You can tell she is much better at this than I am.

June 6, 2024
Dear Rick and Judy,

Some of my favorite memories of the two of you are all the dinners and laughs we have shared at Tiffany and Jeff’s. I also enjoyed the times we were all together at Zander’s football games and I look forward to more of those times spent with you. The temple lessons we shared with Zack were very special. I’ll treasure all these moments with both of you.

I consider you both family and feel blessed that we’ve had this opportunity to really get to know each other. You know how much I loved RaNae and I know how much she loved both of you and your family. She talked about you all the time. I feel closer to RaNae through you, and I can’t help but think that she has brought us together. It makes me smile when I think about it.

Judy, I love how willingly you share your testimony and what you’ve been learning through your gospel study. I also admire the service you render to those who could be easily forgotten.

Rick, what I love most about you is your silent strength and support. I can feel your testimony through your spirit and in the way that you support all of us around you. I also love your awesome smile!

I love and admire you both and am a better person because you are in my life.

Happy 50th Anniversary!! I’m so happy we can celebrate you both!

Love always,

Lisa xxoo

--------------------trivia--------------------
only 8% of US marriages make it to 50 years
only 2% make it to 60 years
-----------------------------------------------

No comments: