Sunday, June 08, 2008

Journal Entry


I love Sundays. It is funny because when I was young I thought Sundays were so restrictive but now it is a kind of family day where we spend more time together, eat meals together and just relax a bit. Today was nothing different except somehow we ended up with fifteen people for dinner. To make things more exciting we hadn't really planned ahead what we would eat. Lisa did a wonderful job with the chicken breasts that I found in the freezer. We had our family, Ben and Sharley, Tiffanie and McKenzie, the missionaries and Sharley's twin brothers who actually didn't eat. They had already had something. Tonight was Seminary graduation and then Alex and I came home and watched an episode of Star Trek Voyager together. Sarah and I then studied for a test she has tomorrow. I downloaded some pictures from my trip yesterday and I thought I would share a couple of the video clips from Niagara Falls. Seeing it in action and hearing the sound helps you better feel the majesty of these falls a bit better.

So Alycia has now decided to join the blogging world. I guess she started a few months ago but didn't think the backgrounds were pretty enough so she never carried on with it. Today she took the time to figure it out and so look for her link in my headers.

5 comments:

Kira said...

beautiful!

Fred ... said...

I'm posting this for Sr Easter. I love to get comments so want to add it....

Thanks for sharing - I always wanted to see Niagara!
I tried to comment on your blog site, but got hung up and incomplete, so here I am doing it the old fashioned way!
June 28 & 29 is our ward 50th celebration of the building dedication in 1958. Dance and social on Sat and testimony/ remembering kind of sacrament service on Sun with opening of the time capsule behind the cornerstone with lunch together afterwards. History book will not be finished as many have not submitted yet -- hint, hint. We would really like a short family history or memories of your family living here. WE still claim you! A photo would also be nice. Thanks. Tell Lisa Hello also. Gary Norton just got back from having both hips replaced in Salt Lake City. The new procedure went very well and he is walking without a cane even and best of all no pain. Roselynn

Lynn said...

LOL!!!!

Funny thing is....I don't think my mom and dad have ever been able to comment on my blog either. I haven't had a single comment yet from any of my family. I think I will use your method now. It will be a great way to add to the on-line journals.

P.S. Can't get over the Falls! Spectacular! Thanks for sharing the videos.

Lisa said...

My Dad sent an email and wants to know what "Joke" i did on the chicken!! I guess we should get something written up about our family and the time we spent in Rosemary and get it sent off.

Fred ... said...

OK, I will fix the joke on the chicken. Obviously it should have been a good "job".