Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last Day of School

It is a quiet place in the Leavitt house now. This morning I kissed my little granddaughter good bye and gave my daughter-in-law a big hug and sent them off to the airport with Lisa. Alycia left for Europe yesterday at the unearthly hour of 5:00AM (or something like that) and now with Ben married that leaves us back where we were all last year. Just Alex, Sarah, Lisa and myself. I guess we have Peter now but he is so quiet you forget he's even there. I think Peter is starting to get a social life, he came home after midnight last night. We had all gone to bed so I wasn't able to interrogate him or anything but I'm sure he was enjoying himself. Today is also the last day of school for the High School kids. I love it when the kids aren't in school. School just gets in the way of doing fun things because they have to study, do homework and go to bed early. All things that mess with having fun.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I still can't believe school is out! This is the earliest the kids have been out since we've moved here and it's an adjustment. I can't believe that Alex is now a senior and Sarah is a sophomore!!!!!