Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Toronto - day 2

This morning I got to sleep in. I thought my meetings started at 8:00 but when I got up and made a call I found out that they didn't start until noon. It felt soooo good to crawl back into bed. I finally got up around ten (that would be 7:00 for my body) and down loaded all my emails from last week. I had more than 700 emails. What a pain. At noon I loaded up my laptop and headed down the elevator to the meetings. I'm on the fourteenth floor. As I expected, they were quite boring but I tried to stay focused. After the meetings, Tim and I decided to catch a bus and head into Toronto. We are actually in Mississauga here. We wanted to see the CN tower. The problem is that it has been quite rainy and miserable all day. Once we got to Union Station however we looked up and couldn't see the top of the tower. Once we got to the tower I wanted to have proof that I was actually there so I took a picture of myself inside the entrance to the tower. They confirmed that a trip up the tower would be a waste of our money. From the tower we decided to go down to the harbor and look around. I have actually stuck my hand in lake Ontario. Walking back to Union Station downtown Toronto looked real pretty. I also saw the Rogers Center where the Blue Jays play and I also think I saw the place where the Maple Leafs play but I don't know what it is called.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

700 e-mails!?? I would just crawl back into bed again and hide for the day. : D
Love the pics. Glad you got your proof "I was there" shots.

Kira said...

So fun, I have actually always wanted to go to Toronto.

Lisa said...

Someday I will get to Toronto!!