Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tianjin - day 7

Today was a very calm and relaxed day. As I said earlier, there is not much to see around here and so we've seen just about all there is to see. Registration today wasn't until later this evening so I slept in and read my book and watched movies all day. I'm really excited about the conference. I met a lot of people tonight. There was a little Chinese girl who looked to be about twenty and she was very friendly and outgoing. It turns out she is a professor at the University of Florida. I told her all about Kira and Justin but I guess they are in different worlds. In the picture Tim is on the left and the two guys on the right are from Sanyo and the girl on my right is from Kazakhstan and she is a student at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. Well, tomorrow is back to work and that means no more sleeping in for me.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm tired. I wish I could relax like that. I want to go on a trip! P.S. I know your whole trip hasn't been that relaxing but I would still like to go on a relaxing trip!! I'm glad you got to relax. You deserve it.

Lynn said...

How come you don't go on these trips Lisa? Aren't you allowed? Have you ever been able to go? I think that would be awesome if you could. I bet Fred would think it awesome too. : D

Lisa said...

I probably could go if we could afford it and right now we can't. But even if we could go I wouldn't because I can't leave the kids that alone that long. Once the kids are out of school maybe I can start going here and there. I went once when we still lived in Rosemary. Pat & Gary watched the three older kids and the Gibb's watched Alycia who was a baby. Oh, I forgot, I went one other time when we had 5 of our kids and we hired your sister-in-law Tanya to watch the kids (that was before her & Michael were married). How are they doing?