Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Egg Nog

It is now officially the holiday season. The other day I was in Vons (that is what they call Safeway here in California) picking up some milk and what did I see on the next shelf down? Eggnog!! I love eggnog and I always buy it during the holidays. Once I start drinking it I feel like Christmas is here even though we haven't had Thanksgiving yet.

About half my kids have turned out to be eggnog lovers along with me but the other half aren't quite as interested. Lisa doesn't like it but she has a recipe for eggnog using ice cream that she does like and it's totally divine. She makes that a couple of times during the holidays. I used to make my own eggnog but it is such as hassle and I do worry a little bit about drinking raw eggs. I keep buying eggnog until it is off the shelves and then I feel like Christmas is over. So I raise my glass of eggnog to everyone and I wish you all a "Happy Thanksgiving" and a "Very Merry Christmas".

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay. I am with the "other half" of your kids that are not that interested.

It's hard for me to even eat anything egg.

I will never forget the Seminary breakfast at Patsy Martin's house....

We got to make our own eggs.... anyway we wanted. I cracked one open into the hot frying pan and out popped a half formed baby chick....plop! Sizzle! Right into the frying pan.

I haven't been able to trust an egg since. Ugh!

But my dear husband and boys would be right there beside you enjoying that eggnog if they could! LOL! Just the name gets them excited. It's a race to see who spots it first in the stores this time of year.

Pete said...

Hooray for eggnog! I love the stuff!

Lisa said...

Lynn, I had the same experience at my Aunt's house one summer and it is for that reason that I will only eat eggs scrambled, in an omelet, hard boiled, or fried with the yolk flattened- or until their dead as Fred likes to say.

Vicky said...

Thomas is a big nog nut, too! I can take it or leave it, but want Lisa's recipe to try. Maybe she can post it on her blog!

Kira said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

okay, I'll post it tonight if I remember if not, tomorrow.