Sunday, November 16, 2008

Senior Night

Last week was Senior night for Alex's football team. Since Alex was a senior he was honored. We got to walk out onto the field while they introduced us over the PA system and read what Alex wrote. It was kind of special. They took our pictures and I just saw that the pictures were posted. It is the greatest joy in life to watch your kids grow up but oh how sad when they leave and spread their wings. I can't believe that this is Alex's last year to live at home. I don't want to think about it.

Lisa wanted me to show you this video clip of Alex when Westview won the Kiwanis cup on Friday. There was just a few seconds left in the game and Mt Carmel was within field goal range. I could have video taped the players but instead I chose to video tape Alex on the side line. I love how excited he gets. Westview blocked the kick and we won the game. Does Alex look excited to you?


Lisa

5 comments:

Kira said...

Congratulations Alex!!!! I cannot believe that he is going to be in college next year! Whoa!

Lynn said...

LOL! Thanks for posting the video. That is so awesome. YOu can just FEEL the excitement! So cool. You are great parents. I like the picture they took of the three of you in your school colors and jackets.

What Alex said was really nice.

Peter and Mandy said...

Yeah I think Alex was just a little excited! I can't believe he's so tall. He's supposed to stay little forever!

Lisa said...

Yah, just a little excited and a little tall and not small enough! I agree! Does it make you feel like you are getting old Mandy?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

when did Alex get so hot! geeze!