Monday, February 05, 2024

Dad, Tell Me About the Time…(13)

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Beyond your immediate family members, which other members of your family did you see often?

The relative I remember the most outside of my immediate family would be Aunt Orva and Uncle Ron. Aunt Orva was my moms little sister and she was the last one to pass from all of my aunts and uncles. We had many family dinners at their house and because they lived close we saw them often.

Next would be Uncle Merlin and Aunt Nola. They lived in Utah but we went down there often and they came up to Cardston often. Uncle Merlin is moms younger brother. Mom taught piano lessons to help support him on his mission.

While I don’t remember us visiting them often as a family I clearly remember being baby sat a lot as a young child by Uncle Devere and Aunt Margarete. Up until they died they would love to share storys about baby sitting me any time we saw each other.

As an adult, the cousins I still keep in touch with are Louis (Lybbert) Nygaard, Jennifer (Smith) Kastendeik and Carol (Lybbert) Richardson. Lisa is actually in touch with several more of my cousins than I am.

Did you spend a lot of time with your extended family?

See the answer to the previous question.

Where do most of your relatives live today?

The vast majority of my relatives still live in Alberta but a good half of them are spread all over North America. I couldn’t possibly say where. My aunts and uncles stayed in Alberta until they passed except for except for Tom Lybbert who died in Othello Washington, Jay Lybbert who died in Marietta, Georgia and Uncle Merlin who died in Salt Lake City, Utah.

My cousins are spread all over just like my siblings are.

What countries are your relatives from originally?

If I go with my great grandparents they are from:

Leavitt, immigrated from England to America around 1630

Hutchinson, immigrated from England to America in 1861. An interesting note, my second great grandfathers birth place is the Atlantic ocean as they were crossing.

Quinton, immigrated from England to Canada around 1890

Dunford, immigrated from England to America in 1892

Lybbert, immigrated from Denmark to America in 1865

Darnall, this line dead ends in 1680 without ever leaving America. We don’t know where they came from.

Reed, immigrated from Scotland to America in 1866

Harrod, immigrated from England to America in 1856

If you go by this, then I am 5/8 English, 1/8 Danish, 1/8 Scottish and 1/8 American.

--------------------trivia--------------------
The average credit score for everyone in Washington, DC is 568.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: