Thursday, February 29, 2024

Boxing Day

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Alycia and her family (without Trevor) arrived on Tuesday. It was a long drive for her because the I-15 is always a packed road with many accidents.
As Alycia was fighting traffic, we showed Lanny Old Town. We parked at the Mormon Battalion, ate lunch and then we checked out the old houses they have preserved just south of the Mormon Battalion. I love how the first thing Cameron does is get up at the pulpit in this old Jewish Synagog and starts preaching to us.
After we were done with the houses, we went through the Mormon Battalion Center. Everyone else has been there many times but it was a first for Lanny.
This wagon is very full of pioneers.
The cutest Mormon Battalion soldier I ever saw.
Justin, Lanny and the two older boys were heading back to Chandler today to visit Jared who was in town. They took Jareds two boys (who live in Temecula with their mother) with them. so they headed home to pack and we went into Old Town with Lanny and Bens family.
Once we were done there we stopped at the Root Beer Store and bought some root beer floats. Some how I ended up feeding Kit her float. She could have easily fed herself, but insisted that I spoon feed her. How could I refuse? I didn’t get to enjoy my float until she was done hers.
I think we were at Old Town longer than Justin had expected but we eventually made it back to the house and waved Justin and his crew off.

Ben figured it was time to give the gutter cacti a new home, so we borrowed a very tall ladder from Jeff, and Ben scooted up to relocate the cacti.
He took one home, Kira took one and I have one. All we can figure, is that birds have eaten some cactus berries from the huge cactus across the street and poop on my roof. There were two kinds of cactus so another one probably came from the canyon.
Finally Alycia arrived with her kids and we got to enjoy another Christmas as they opened their presents and we opened the presents she brought us.

--------------------trivia--------------------
Set a clear water bottle in the sun for 4 hrs and it kills all bacteria and viruses
----------------------------------------------

No comments: