Thursday, February 01, 2024

Ward Christmas Party

Monday, December 4, 2023

Last Friday was our ward Christmas Party. It was very well done. Dinner was ham and a potluck of potatoes. What I chose to have looked like scalloped potatoes but the potatoes were chopped up into little pieces. It was a good meal. The decorations were beautiful.

I helped set up all the tables and while I didn’t hang the lights, I watched them hang the stars and it was going very slowly. They had kids on a step ladder moving along the wires. I went into the janitors closet and grabbed a broom stick and hung the star on the end of the stick and lifted the star up and set it on the wire. I went much faster.

Jeff and I made this beautiful stable in my back yard. I thought it turned out quite nice.

I didn’t know Jeff was making those beautiful trees and deer or I would have helped him but using a hand jig saw I guess it took him thirty hours to make them. Jeffs brother in Utah has a CNC router which could have whipped them out in a few minutes. We were laughing because Jeff could have sent his brother the file, venmo’d him the money for the plywood and driven to Utah to pick them and got back in less that thirty hours.

I did help set them up and I think they are beautiful. I mentioned to Cami Hansen that I didn’t think they had pine tree’s in Jerusalem, she gave me a dark glare. We all agreed that they were beautiful.

Every year we invite the Kukians, our neighbors across the street, to the Christmas dinner and to the Halloween Trunk or Treat and every year they come. People in the ward are starting get to know them. Sandesh is in India for a month but Yuli and Navia came. 

Peter and Mandy had to go to a school meeting so they asked if we would take their kids. Their youngest two were singing in the Primary Choir and their oldest was singing with the youth so they really wanted to go. We were thrilled to take them and they were excited to come with us. Chloe and Elise hung with Navia most of the evening.

--------------------trivia--------------------
There are more trees on Earth 
than stars in the Milky Way.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: