Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Dad, Tell Me About the Time (34)

Thursday, August 22, 2024

What is one word that describes your first kiss
?

Scary

How did you and your spouse meet?

I returned from my mission late in August of 1979. I had been at home for one week in Cardston and then I was off to school in Edmonton. I had every intention of going back to BYU but my mom had applied for me to go to the U of A and I was already accepted but I had done nothing about BYU. My choice was to go to Edmonton or skip a semester and stay home. I chose the U of A for two reasons. I was anxious to move on with my life and my Patriarchal Blessing encouraged me to consider my parents advice when it came to my education. My mom wanted to me closer to home so I headed north.

Greg and his family lived in Edmonton and could use some extra money so I paid them room and board and moved into their house which I believe was on Carnarvan Court in North East Edmonton. They were in the Edmonton 5th ward and met in the Londonderry Middle School. I believe it was my first week at church that I was leaving church (the school) and ran across a young sixteen year old girl named Lisa Shaw. I don’t remember what we talked about but I thought she was beautiful and she was very outgoing and friendly. We introduced ourelves, talked for a few minutes and then I left. As far as I remember, that was the first time I saw the girl who would become my wife.

No comments: