Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grouting the Floor

202.1 down 1.8
This morning Sarah comes into my room before eight o'clock. Saturday is the only day I get to sleep in and here she is bugging me to go run with her. Since I missed my run yesterday I knew I should go but it wasn't even eight o'clock yet. Finally I decided to get up but then when I was awake it dawned on me that she was expecting to run five miles. I assured her that that wasn't going to happen. Finally we compromised on three miles and guess what? I did just fine. It is a lot more fun to run with someone else so that kept my mind off my legs but now I'm thinking I need to up the mileage on my regular run. I think I liked it much better when I thought I was only good for two miles. Last night I was hoping to go on a date with my wife but she was too tired so Alex and I went on a "man date". We went and saw Iron Man. It was a good movie. It was eleven o'clock before the movie let out so we finished our "man date" today with a trip to Cotija's. Alex had a Carne Asada Burrito and I had a Carnita's taco. I would have gone for the Canita's Burrito but I don't want to ruin that new low for my body mass. I hope the extra large horchata doesn't mess me up. I really like their horchata's. As you can see from the pictures I did grout my tile today. That little decorative tile around the edges takes more grout than an area three times that front entrance. I'm using epoxy grout so there is no room for a mistake. If you make a mistake it is going to stay there for generations. That was so funny, I just uploaded the picture of my finished grout job and I saw that there was grout stuck to the edge of the step that I didn't get wiped off. It is as plain as day in the picture but that step is in the shadows and I can't see it otherwise. It's a good thing for the picture or that might have been one of those mistakes that would be there for future generations.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous tile! Love the pattern and love the color. Great job.

Tiffanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffanie said...

Manly Men! The entry looks great! Did you stay for the surprise ending after the credits at Iron Man? I have connections you know. : )