Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Journal Entries

204.4 down 1.6
I'm torn about how to deal with days where there is just nothing to talk about and I'm too busy or too tired to come up with a topic that I find interesting. What I decided to do was to give you one or two lines about what I did that day but only post it after a couple of days have gone by. Here we go...

May 5 was cold (in the 60's) and looked like it wanted to rain. I had a typical day at work and then went to Hi-Z afterwards to help them out on a quote they wanted to prepare for JPL. All in all it was a good day. Got home around 19:00. Ran at lunch and made a new personal best at 16:40 for two miles. I'm getting better but I'm not there yet.

May 6 was raining in the morning and it made me late for work. That wasn't good because I had an 8:30 meeting I was late for. We're running a bunch of tests to see if we can use the new Li-ion chemistry that they're considering for electric cars in our cell phones. They have less energy density but they're much safer, cheaper and last longer. I think they will work for low end phones. In the evening I went to a scout meeting in Redlands regarding our scout camp this summer. Scout camp is going to conflict with the Leavitt reunion that is planned. Bummer, what should I do?

May 7 is still cold and gloomy and right now it is 63°F and a bit of a breeze. The cool weather makes it nicer for my run. I was a bit slower today, I'm feeling tired. Tonight I went to Hi-Z for a couple of hours and then went home. Lisa made some wonderful cheese encrusted pork chops for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheese encrusted pork chops sounds like a good recipe to post. From Karin and Rick

Tiffanie said...

Way to go on the weight loss Fred. Keep going! Fresh and Easy pork chops. Go Lisa! : )