Sunday, May 04, 2008

Peter

203.0 down 2.7
Today I want to make a tribute to another young man who graduated from college. Peter is Lester's eldest son. Lester is my baby brother, he may be taller than me but he is still my baby brother. Peter is taller than Lester so I feel quite small around him. I'm even more impressed with Peter because he graduated from the University of Alberta which is my Alma Mater. My mom and dad have thirty five grandchildren. I'm not sure how the older grand kids grouped together but I know in 1982 when Kira was born four of us six kids had a baby. Mom and Dad always referred to the 1982 grandkids as the '82 crop. Peter was part of the '82 crop and they all get along well. Kira really likes Peter. Besides Kira and Peter, Greg had Meagan and Jackie had Kristen. In 1984 when Brandon was born Dixie joined the team and we had five grandkids. The '84 crop was a real bumper crop. Greg had Lindsey, Dixie had Eric, Jackie had Melissa and Lester had Andrew. Fara is the only child who was barren that year. In 1986 when Ben was born, it was a lean year with only only Greg, Dixie and I having babies. Dixie had Wally and Greg had Phillip. After that we didn't double up again except when Alex was born in 1991. That year Greg and Gaylia had Damon. So where were we? Peter graduated last week and since he wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to do he figured he would work while he was trying to figure it out. With a degree in psychology he figured he could get a job anywhere he wanted so in Edmonton in the middle of the winter who wouldn't think of San Diego? We told Peter we would be glad to have him here as long as it took him to get settled in with a job. Peter and his friend Doug left Edmonton April 28 and took a week to get here. They went through Clinton, BC to see old friends, stopped in Washington to visit with Flora, saw San Francisco and East Los Angeles where he served his mission. He spoke Spanish on his mission. I never knew Peter all that well but in the fall I was in Edmonton for a couple of weeks and I made sure I took the opportunity to get to know him better. It turns out that he is a great kid. Lester and Barb, I'm sure you're tremendously proud of Peter and you have every right to be. You did well with this one. We'll keep an eye on him for you.

2 comments:

Kira said...

Oh how fun is this picture! I can't wait to see Peter in a couple weeks. can you believe it is that soon? You know the picture looks pretty normal unless you know just how tall the two of you are. To bad Evan will be the shorty in the 07 crop!

Lynn said...

"Bumper crops"....that's a good one! I won't forget that one soon. LOL!