Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

202.3 up 0.2
Happy Mothers Day to any mother who may happen to read this. When the kids were little we used to force Mom to stay in bed and we would bring her breakfast in bed. Lisa pretended to enjoy this but it didn't take me long to figure out that she didn't really like having breakfast in bed. We then decided that the best thing we could do is get up before her and make her a real nice breakfast. The only problem with that is that Lisa always gets up long before any of the rest of us. I set the alarm, the alarm then goes off and wakes up Lisa, she then wakes me up, I tell her to go back to sleep and then I get up and wake the kids, they grumble and complain but we make mom a real nice breakfast, she eats about a third of it and then we eat the rest of it. It has worked well. This year I decided to set everything up last night and then this morning I wait until she wakes up. When I go to head downstairs she tells me that she is going to prepare her lesson for young womens and that she doesn't need breakfast yet. That was real nice because I got to sleep longer. I finally did wake up and got breakfast ready for Lisa. That didn't take long since I had it all laid out last night. If you check out the table you can see a bowl of cereal, a fried egg, a broiled sausage, toast, two waffles, a flask of orange juice, a pitcher of milk, a cup of orange tea, jam, peanut butter and homemade pancake syrup. I also decided that the kids didn't need to get up early just to watch Lisa eat breakfast so I only woke up Sarah who I knew would have her nose out of joint if I didn't wake her up. The three of us ate Lisa's breakfast and had a good time. As Lisa was finishing breakfast and we were going to get the other kids up so we could open her presents we got a phone call from a good friend who was in extreme pain and wanted to know if we could run her into the hospital. Of course we did and three hours later she was feeling a bit better and we got back just in time for church. Apparently Ben and Alex did have their nose out of joint because I didn't wake them up. For mothers day dinner I barbecued some steaks, baked potatoes and green beans and watermelon. After dinner as we were going to open presents Kira and Brandon called. Three hours later we finally got to open presents at 10:30 at night. I hope she had fun and Tiffanie, I hope you're feeling better.

3 comments:

Tiffanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffanie said...

How lovely for Lisa. She is definately loved! Cute pic too : ) I'm doing better, just taking it slow. Thanks to you and Lisa for your generous gift of service, compassion, time and friendship.

Lynn said...

LOL! Sorry, I had to laugh. It didn't take long for Dean to figure out that I hated breakfast in bed either. All I wanted for mother's day first thing in the morning as MORE SLEEP!
Looks like an awesome and delish breakfast there on the table.. I could probably go for some of that after sleep.
Lisa, you look fantastic! It's amazes me how you NEVER change. I don't believe you have all these married children and grandkids too.
I'm glad you had a HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!