Monday, May 26, 2008

Milwaukee - day 1

The arrow marks the spot. I'm right by the airport in Milwaukee. I thought it would be cold here so I brought my jacket but it is warmer here than it was in San Diego when I left. I left home this morning with a heavy heart. I hate to leave Lisa there to take care of everything and to shuttle everyone home from the airport but all I could do was move this trip from later in the week (which I would have refused to do) to earlier in the week. So, today being memorial day and a holiday and all, I left town and abandoned my wife. The trip was a direct non-stop flight from San Diego to Milwaukee. Who would have thought that there would be enough demand for a non stop flight to Milwaukee of all places? I'm glad there was though because it sure cuts a lot of time off the trip. Since I didn't pack last night I missed breakfast this morning trying to get packed plus help out as best I could and then they don't serve meals on planes anymore so I landed at six tonight and all I'd eaten all day was tiny bag of pretzels. I decided to treat myself to a ribeye steak. I'm trying to start Mike on the same tradition that CJ and I had. Every time we land we go and get prime rib or steak. It's a good tradition. I replaced the bake potatoe with a sweet potatoe and I went with the 8 oz steak over the 10 oz steak so I hope I don't gain too much weight. Mike is very different than CJ however. After dinner he wanted to work all night. That was not fun, we went over the case and I brought him up to speed on everything that I have done and I spent two hours in his room when I could have been reading my very good book. He is a consultant so is billing by the hour while I on the other hand am salaried and I don't even get paid. Tomorrow we head out to the lawyers office and he is a four hour drive away from here. It is going to be a long day. We have to get up at 6:30 which for my tired body will be 4:30. Groan, it is ten oclock so I'm going to go read my book and then sleep. They have a sleep number bed here, I'll let you know what my sleep number is.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

HUH? What is a sleep number bed? Never heard of that.